Welcome to the website of Doglaw Ltd. On this site, we’ll tell you about seminars presented by Doglaw Specialist Solicitor Trevor Cooper and also explain how you can join our membership scheme Doglaw SOS.
Are you up to date with Doglaw? This is a fast changing area and so whether you’re a dog owner or professional involved in dogs, you’re cordially invited to attend one of Doglaw Specialist Solicitor Trevor Cooper’s low cost seminars.
Don’t be put off! Its a chat about the law rather than a law lecture and Trevor’s style of presentation will put you at your ease from the start.
Come along, have a bit of a giggle and learn lots! Places cost only £20 (+ a certificate of attendance can be supplied on request) and we provide them at numerous venues throughout England & Wales.
The seminar is called Doglaw: What every responsible dog owner needs to know. This 3½ – 4 hour talk will cover the main civil and criminal laws that are most relevant and the content is likely to include:-
- How to value a dog
- Ownership disputes
- Rights & responsibilities when buying and selling dogs
- Liability (civil and criminal) for dogs that harm people and/or animals
- The importance of insurance
- Identification: collar & tag + microchipping
- Cruelty / duty of care
- Noise nuisance
- Licensing of commercial activities involving dogs
- Public Spaces Protection Orders
- Community Protection Notices
These are aimed at entertaining the audience as well as to inform and the feedback we receive from these talks is consistently positive. No prior legal knowledge is required so come along and learn!!
Dates & Venues
See our map for your nearest seminar/date – the Doglaw Seminars are indicated with a .
- Saturday 28th September 2019 – 9.00am – Frenchay, Bristol
- Sunday 29th September 2019 – 10.30am – Cardiff, Glamorgan
- Saturday 5th October 2019 – 09.30am – Reculver (Herne Bay), Kent
- Saturday 2nd November 2019 – 10.00am – Upper Mayfield, Derbyshire
- Saturday 9th November 2019 – 10.30am – Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Sunday 10th November 2019 – 10.00am – Worcester, Worcestershire
- Saturday 30th November 2019 – 1.30pm – New Bradwell, Milton Keynes
- Saturday 7th December 2019 – 2.00pm – Alsager, Cheshire
- Sunday 26th January 2020 – 10.00am – Norwich, Norfolk
- Sunday 2nd February 2020 – 10.00am – Melksham, Wiltshire
Tickets cost £20 per person
Click on the symbol for details of location and date.
Doglaw Seminar Venues in England & Wales
ATTENTION Dog Clubs & other Dog Organisations
If you would like to host a seminar with Trevor Cooper, we are taking bookings for Summer & Autumn 2019. They are held primarily on a weekend (although some evenings may be available) and will last around 3 ½ hours. If you would like to know more about these talks, click here for Trevor’s seminar, or email email@example.com or call us on 0800 999 3647.
Terms & Conditions for Seminars
- Doglaw Ltd (Company Registration No. 06983617) reserves the right to vary or cancel a seminar and can accept no liability if, for whatever reason, a seminar does not take place. Refunds are made by cheque unless otherwise advised.
- If you need to cancel the booking no refund will be provided unless written notice is received by Doglaw Ltd no less than 10 working days before the seminar is due to take place.
- Doglaw Ltd cannot accept liability for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned by anyone acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance on the presentation of the seminar.
- The seminars solely relate to the law in England and Wales.