Welcome to the website of Doglaw Ltd. On this site, we’ll tell you about seminars presented by Doglaw Specialist Solicitor Trevor Cooper and also explain how you can join our membership scheme Doglaw SOS.
Are you up to date with Doglaw? This is a fast changing area and so whether you’re a dog owner or professional involved in dogs, you’re cordially invited to attend one of Doglaw Specialist Solicitor Trevor Cooper’s low cost seminars.
Don’t be put off! Its a chat about the law rather than a law lecture and Trevor’s style of presentation will put you at your ease from the start.
Come along, have a bit of a giggle and learn lots! Places cost only £20 (+ a certificate of attendance can be supplied on request) and we provide them at numerous venues throughout England & Wales.
The seminar is called Doglaw: What every responsible dog owner needs to know. This 3½ – 4 hour talk will cover the main civil and criminal laws that are most relevant and the content is likely to include:-
- How to value a dog
- Ownership disputes
- Rights & responsibilities when buying and selling dogs
- Liability (civil and criminal) for dogs that harm people and/or animals
- The importance of insurance
- Identification: collar & tag + microchipping
- Cruelty / duty of care
- Noise nuisance
- Licensing of commercial activities involving dogs
- Public Spaces Protection Orders
- Community Protection Notices
These are aimed at entertaining the audience as well as to inform and the feedback we receive from these talks is consistently positive. No prior legal knowledge is required so come along and learn!!
Dates & Venues
See our map for your nearest seminar/date – the Doglaw Seminars are indicated with a .
- Saturday 7th December 2019 – 2.00pm – Alsager, Cheshire
- Sunday 26th January 2020 – 10.00am – Norwich, Norfolk
- Sunday 2nd February 2020 – 10.00am – Melksham, Wiltshire
- Saturday 8th February 2020 – 10.30am – Ashbury, Oxfordshire
- Sunday 9th February 2020 – 10.30am, Ely Cambridgeshire
- Sunday 23rd February 2020 – 10.30am, Fleetwood, Lancashire
- Sunday 1st March 2020 – 10.30am – Coventry
- Sunday 15th March 2020 – 10.30am – Basingstoke, Hampshire
- Saturday 21st March 2020 – 10.00am – Wymondham, Norfolk
- Sunday 22nd March 2020 – 10.00am – Worcester, Worcestershire
- Saturday 28th March 2020 – 12pm – Chalk, Gravesend
- Saturday 29th March 2020 – 10.30am – Guildford
- Saturday 18th April 2020 – 10.30am – Woking, Surrey
- Sunday 19th April 2020 – 10.30am – Waterlooville
- Saturday 25th April 2020 – 10.30am – Newcastle
- Sunday 3rd May 2020 – 10.30am – Keighley, West Yorkshire
- Saturday 9th May 2020 – 10.30am – Leicester
- Saturday 16th May 2020 – 10.30am – Exeter
- Saturday 6th June 2020 – 10.30am – Nottingham
- Saturday 13th June 2020 – Kingsteignton, South Devon
- Saturday 27th June 2020 – 10.30am – Carlisle
- Saturday 11th July 2020 – 10.30am – Worthing
- Saturday 25th July 2020 – 10.30am – Medway, Kent
- Saturday 12th September 2020 – 10.30am – Wrea Green / Blackpool
- Saturday 26th September 2020 – 10.30am – Taunton
- Sunday 22nd November 2020 – 2.30pm – Norwich, Norfolk
- Sunday 29th November 2020 – 10.30am – Lutterworth, Leicestershire
ATTENTION Dog Clubs & other Dog Organisations
If you would like to host a seminar with Trevor Cooper, we are taking bookings for 2020. They are held primarily on a weekend (although some evenings may be available) and will last around 3 ½ to 4 hours. If you would like to know more about these talks, click here for Trevor’s seminar, or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 0800 999 3647.
Terms & Conditions for Seminars
- Doglaw Ltd (Company Registration No. 06983617) reserves the right to vary or cancel a seminar and can accept no liability if, for whatever reason, a seminar does not take place. Refunds are made by cheque unless otherwise advised.
- If you need to cancel the booking no refund will be provided unless written notice is received by Doglaw Ltd no less than 10 working days before the seminar is due to take place.
- Doglaw Ltd cannot accept liability for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise for any loss or consequential loss occasioned by anyone acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance on the presentation of the seminar.
- The seminars solely relate to the law in England and Wales.