Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions for Live Webinars
- This webinar is provided by Doglaw Ltd and it relates to the law in England (there is a lot of overlap with Wales but it is definitely not for you if you are in Scotland, Northern Ireland or indeed any other legal jurisdiction)
- Doglaw Ltd is not registered for VAT. The acknowledgment you receive for your booking will serve as your receipt
- Timings are approximate and content is liable to change
- If you need to cancel your booking no refund will be provided unless written notice is received by Doglaw Ltd at least 72 hours before the webinar is due to take place
- Doglaw Ltd reserves the right to cancel the webinar and can accept no liability if, for whatever reason, the webinar does not take place. However, if that should happen Doglaw Ltd will refund you the purchase price
- Neither Doglaw Ltd nor Trevor Cooper accept liability for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise from any loss or consequential loss occasioned by anyone acting omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance on the webinar or the notes
- Copyright of the webinar and the notes are vested in Doglaw Ltd. All rights reserved. Unauthorised copying or broadcasting of the webinar or any excerpt of it is prohibited
- Doglaw Ltd is neither regulated nor authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Doglaw Ltd is a separate legal entity to Cooper & Co Solicitors
- The registered office for Doglaw Ltd is The Old Boiler House, Menzies Road, Whitfield, Dover, CT16 2HQ (company registration number 06983617). You can email Doglaw Ltd at email@example.com or call us on 0800 999 3647 during normal office hours.
Doglaw SOS Terms and Conditions
1. Doglaw SOS is a trading name of Doglaw Limited. The registered office of Doglaw Limited (registration number 06983517) is The Old Boiler House, Menzies Road, Whitfield, Dover, Kent, CT16 2HQ. Doglaw Limited is a separate business from Cooper & Co Solicitors and is neither regulated nor authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
2. Membership of Doglaw SOS for 12 months costs £60 for a single membership (or £90 for you + your spouse/ partner who lives with you in the same household).
3. We reserve the right to decline your request to join or renew your membership.
4. You get the benefits specified for 12 months from the date we post our confirmation letter to you (“the commencement date”)
5. You must:- a. Reside in England or Wales, and b. Be an individual (membership is currently not available to organisations), and c. Be at least 16 years old
6. The payment in (2) is non-refundable unless a. We decline your request to join or renew, in which case a full refund will be made as soon as possible, or b. You cancel within 14 days of the commencement date, in which case payment for any of the benefits you have received during that period will be deducted from the refund
7. You cannot transfer any of the benefits of membership of Doglaw SOS to someone else
8. These terms and conditions may be changed at any time by us giving you 30 days’ notice
9. You only get the benefits of telephone advice, legal defence and reduced cost representation if the cause or matter initially arises during the course of your membership of Doglaw SOS.
10. We can only assist with matters which relate to the law in England & Wales
Additional terms and conditions for FREE telephone advice on Doglaw issues
11. The advice will be provided by Cooper & Co Solicitors. Although Trevor Cooper is the Principal of Cooper & Co Solicitors we cannot guarantee that he will be the lawyer who will provide the advice
12. Cooper & Co Solicitors is regulated and authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority SRA 258139.
13. The advice is a telephone service only. The lines are open during normal office hours.
14. The advice is available by prior appointment (although in most cases the appointment will be for the same working day)
15. The advice will only be provided for a Doglaw issue as specified in the website www.DoglawSOS.co.uk and is also available on our promotional flyer and can be sent to you on request. For the avoidance of doubt, advice will not be provided on the following matters: business law; planning; defamation; housing; employment; health & safety; taxation; the drafting of terms and conditions; the drafting of pleadings or statements.
16. The advice will not be provided if (a) there is a conflict of interest (or a potential conflict of interest), or (b) if it is a matter in which Cooper & Co have no expertise
17. We cannot provide advice to enforcers for matters arising in the course of their employment
18. We reserve the right to impose a limit on the number and/or length of advice calls if your use of the service is excessive, unfair or prevents other members from being able to use the service
19. Cooper & Co Solicitors has professional indemnity insurance with Travelers Insurance Company Limited
20. If you have a complaint about the advice provided by Cooper & Co please write to Trevor Cooper at The Old Boiler House, Menzies Road, Whitfield, Dover, Kent, CT16 2HQ. If that fails to resolve your complaint you may bring it to the attention of the Legal Ombudsman at PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 6WJ.
Additional terms and conditions for FREE legal defence
21. Doglaw Limited has the benefit of a Group Legal Protection policy (“the policy”) provided by DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited registration number 103274 (“DAS”). As a member of Doglaw SOS you get the benefit of legal defence under the policy if you are being prosecuted in a court of criminal jurisdiction in some instances.
22. The policy, which contains the applicable terms, conditions and exclusions, is available at www. DoglawSOS.co.uk and can be sent to you on request.
23. The limit of indemnity is £50,000 and the date of occurrence of the insured incident must happen during the period of your membership of Doglaw SOS. The date of occurrence is when you began or are alleged to have begun to break the criminal law in question.
24. You are not covered by the policy if it is something that you did intentionally
25. We will not pay for any fines, penalties, costs, compensation or damages which you may be ordered to pay by a court or other authority
26. DAS is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority
27. DAS is regulated by the Prudential Regulation Authority and the Financial Conduct Authority
Additional terms and conditions for reduced cost representation
28. Cooper & Co Solicitors will only act for you provided that (a) they believe you have a reasonable chance of success (b) there is no conflict (or potential conflict) of interest, and (c) they have sufficient expertise and capacity to properly deal with the case
29. The discount is 25% off Cooper & Co Solicitors usual hourly charging rate. This will not reduce the amount payable by way of VAT. You will still remain responsible for payment of the balance of Cooper & Co Solicitors’ fees as well as the full amount of Counsel’s fees, Court fees and any other disbursements.
30. We will not pay for any fines, penalties, opponent’s costs, compensation or damages which you may be ordered to pay by a court or other authority
The registered office of Doglaw Limited (Company Registration No. 06983617) is The Old Boiler House, Menzies Road, Whitfield, Dover, CT16 2HQ. Doglaw Limited is a separate business from Cooper & Co Solicitors and is neither regulated nor authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.