Doglaw Seminar Programme
The content of this half day presentation will include:
- Dog on dog incidents:- When the civil and/or criminal law applies to a Dog Bite Incident involving another dog
- The Government’s “Action Welfare Plan for Animal Welfare”:- These ambitious proposals first published on 12th May 2021 include the creation of the Animal Sentience Committee, preventing the import of mutilated dogs and a ban on electric dog collars.
- Dog theft:- Why existing Sentencing Guidelines means that the punishment does not fit the crime.
- Breed Specific Legislation:- How this law has evolved over the last 30 years.
- Livestock worrying:- The proposed changes to the Dogs (Protection of Livestock) Act 1953.
- Ownership disputes:- How courts approach these cases and is there a concept of “access” to a dog.
Dates & venues:
- Monday 1st November 2021 – London
- Tuesday 2nd November 2021 – Bristol
- Wednesday 3rd November 2021 – Manchester
- Thursday 4th November 2021 – Harrogate
9:30am – Registration (+beverages)
10am – Part 1 of the talk
11:30am – Break (+beverages)
11:45am – Part 2 of the talk
1pm – End
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided. Content and timings are subject to change.
Terms and Conditions can be found here