Do you want to have expert legal and behavioural advice on dogs when you need it?
Summary of Benefits
For only £60 you get the following services for a year:
- FREE telephone advice* from Cooper & Co Solicitors on doglaw issues
- FREE email advice* by prior appointment from a dog behaviourist / trainer (our head behaviourist is Carolyn Menteith, the KCAI dog trainer of the year) on behavioural issues
- FREE representation at a criminal Court* by Cooper & Co Solicitors if you are prosecuted under:
- Section 3 Dangerous Dogs Act 1991
- Section 1 Dogs (Protection of Livestock) Act 1953
- Section 2 Dogs Act 1871
- 50% discount** on seminars provided by Doglaw Ltd
- 25% discount** on seminars provided by Cooper & Co
Doglaw Telephone Advice*
Doglaw issues consist of the following:
- Dogs attacking / injuring people
- Ownership / access disputes on dogs
- Dog on dog incidents
- Dog on cat / other animal incidents
- Noise nuisance involving a dog
- Breed Specific Legislation
- Vet negligence involving a dog
- Buying and selling dog disputes
- Community Protection Notices relating to a dog
- Public Spaces Protection Orders on dogs (Dog Control Orders)
- The Animal Welfare (Licensing of Activities Involving Animals)(England) Regulations 2018 although for this particular issue you are limited to no more than two telephone calls *
Dog Behaviour / Training Email Advice
The kind of issues for which you can seek advice from our behaviourist / trainer will include how to train your dog to reduce or prevent behaviours such as:
- Jumping up
- Attention seeking
- On-lead problems
You are not covered for pre-existing issues or conditions that occurred prior to your membership of Doglaw SOS
Free Representation at a Criminal Court
Owners as well as those in charge of other people’s dogs are very worried that if the dog should behave out of character they might fall foul of the criminal law. As a fantastic benefit for Doglaw SOS members, if the incident, alleged incident takes place during your period of membership, we are able to arrange FREE representation at a criminal Court if you are prosecuted under Section 3 of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 or Section 1 of the Dogs (Protection of Livestock) Act 1953 or for defending proceedings under Section 2 of the Dogs Act 1871.
Whether you are a new owner, experienced owner or a professional involved in dogs (dog walker, groomer, pet sitter, behaviourist or trainer) Doglaw SOS is able to provide you with peace of mind that should the worst happen, expert representation will be provided.
Doglaw Limited has the benefit of Group Legal Protection that provides Doglaw SOS members with Legal Defence and Helpline Services. The policy wording, which contains additional conditions and exclusions is available here.
If you have a spouse / partner who lives with you in the same household, we can include them as an additional member for only an extra £30 for 12 months.
* subject to terms and conditions
** not combinable with other promotions or discounts””