Usually at weekends specialist Doglaw Solicitor Trevor Cooper provides seminars which are intended to both inform as well as entertain on a range of Doglaw issues. Due to the current pandemic, all seminars have been postponed but we hope to restart the tour from September 2021. More details will be posted when available. In the meantime, we are running a live webinar on: –
Saturday 15th May at 10am
The webinar will be live and will last around 3hr 30 mins (timing is approximate) and this will include a 15 minute break. The likely content of the webinar can be seen by scrolling down. Places cost only £20 per person or, as a benefit for Doglaw SOS members only you can attend for free.
To book your place please click here to pay online. All major debit and credit cards are taken (and you can also pay by Paypal). Alternatively you can book by phone on 0800 999 3647 during normal office hours.
Trevor will concentrate on the main civil and criminal laws that effect dog owners in England, but will also be useful for professionals involved with dogs. We will provide you with notes by PDF so you can print them off and use them as an aide memoire and we can send you a Certificate of Attendance on request so you have evidence for CPD purposes.
Trevor won’t have time to deal with specific Q&A but if you do have particular questions please email them in advance to email@example.com and he will try to cover as many as he can in the time available.
We’ve kept the price as low as possible so it is accessible for everyone.
Especially to all you first-timers, please don’t be concerned that this may be a bit too academic. The way Trevor presents you’re going to easily understand what he says. He speaks like a real person!!! No prior legal knowledge is required.
If you’ve attended one of Trevor’s talks or webinars then please spread the word to friends, colleagues and family that anyone can learn lots and have a giggle.
- New developments in Doglaw (incl Lucy’s Law + the potential ban on shock collars)
- How to prove ownership of a dog
- How to transfer ownership
- Obligations on owners & keepers
- Collar & tag
- The law on stray dogs
- Public Spaces Protection Orders
- Community Protection Notices
- Noise nuisance
- Cruelty & Duty of Care under the Animal Welfare Act.
- An overview of the 2018 Licensing Regulations
- Enforceability of contracts (including endorsements)
- Civil liability for the actions of your dog and the importance of having third party insurance
- Livestock worrying
- Dog on dog incidents
- Dangerous Dogs Act – incl dogs dangerously out of control + Breed Specific Legislation