Usually at weekends specialist Doglaw Solicitor Trevor Cooper provides seminars which are intended to both inform as well as entertain on a range of Doglaw issues. Due to the current pandemic, we’ve unfortunately decided to cancel our programme of seminars for the rest of 2020. So instead, let’s meet up over the internet with webinars.
We are running this webinar live on three dates:
Sunday 25th of October at 10am
Sunday 29th of November at 10am
Each webinar will be live and will last around 3hr 30 mins (timing is approximate) and this will include a 15 minute break. The likely content of the webinars and the Terms & Conditions can be seen by scrolling down.
To book your place please click here to pay online. All major debit and credit cards are taken (and you can also pay by Paypal). Alternatively you can book by phone on 0800 999 3647 during normal office hours.
Trevor will concentrate on the main civil and criminal laws that effect dog owners in England, but will also be useful for professionals involved with dogs. We will provide you with notes by PDF so you can print them off and use them as an aide memoire and we can send you a Certificate of Attendance on request so you have evidence for CPD purposes.
Trevor won’t have time to deal with specific Q&A but if you do have particular questions please email them in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org and he will try to cover as many as he can in the time available.
We’ve kept the price as low as possible so it is accessible for everyone.
Especially to all you first-timers, please don’t be concerned that this may be a bit too academic. The way Trevor presents you’re going to easily understand what he says. He speaks like a real person!!! No prior legal knowledge is required.
If you’ve attended one of Trevor’s talks or webinars then please spread the word to friends, colleagues and family that anyone can learn lots and have a giggle.
- New developments in Doglaw (incl Lucy’s Law + the potential ban on shock collars)
- How to prove ownership of a dog
- How to transfer ownership
- Obligations on owners & keepers
- Collar & tag
- The law on stray dogs
- Public Spaces Protection Orders
- Community Protection Notices
- Noise nuisance
- Cruelty & Duty of Care under the Animal Welfare Act (+ possible increase in sentencing)
- An overview of the 2018 Licensing Regulations
- Enforceability of contracts (including endorsements)
- Civil liability for the actions of your dog and the importance of having third party insurance
- Livestock worrying
- Dog on dog incidents
- Dangerous Dogs Act – incl dogs dangerously out of control + Breed Specific Legislation
Terms & Conditions
- This webinar is provided by Doglaw Ltd and it relates to the law in England (there is a lot of overlap with Wales but it is definitely not for you if you are from Scotland, Northern Ireland or indeed any other legal jurisdiction)
- Doglaw Ltd is not registered for VAT. The acknowledgment you receive for your booking will serve as your receipt.
- Timings are approximate and content is liable to change
- If you need to cancel your booking no refund will be provided unless written notice is received by Doglaw Ltd at least 72 hours before the webinar is due to take place.
- Doglaw Ltd reserves the right to cancel the webinar and can accept no liability if, for whatever reason, the webinar does not take place. However, if that should happen Doglaw Ltd will refund you the purchase price.
- Neither Doglaw Ltd nor Trevor Cooper accept liability for breach of contract, negligence or otherwise from any loss or consequential loss occasioned by anyone acting, omitting to act or refraining from acting in reliance on the webinar or the notes
- Copyright of the webinar and the notes is vested in Doglaw Ltd. All rights reserved. Unauthorised copying or broadcasting of the webinar or any excerpt of it is prohibited.
- Doglaw Ltd is neither regulated nor authorised by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. Doglaw Ltd is a separate legal entity to Cooper & Co Solicitors
- The registered office of Doglaw Ltd is The Old Boiler House, Menzies Road, Whitfield, Dover, Kent, CT16 2HQ (company registration number 06983617). You can email Doglaw Ltd at email@example.com or call us on 0800 999 3647 during normal office hours.